Advance Vermont has published two new guides to MyFutureVT, both focused on helping students navigate this year’s changes to the FAFSA.
In 2021, Congress passed the FAFSA Simplification Act to make the FAFSA easier to complete and to help more Americans access federal financial aid. This has led to several changes to the FAFSA for the 2024 to 2025 school year.
2024-25 FAFSA changes overview
Navigating the 2024-25 FAFSA changes covers new terminology used on the form (SAI, contributors), as well as other tips and changes that students need to know about.
- What is a FAFSA “contributor” and what information is needed from them?
- When should I set up my FSA ID?
- What is the Student Aid Index (SAI)?
- How many schools can I send my FAFSA to?
- Financial aid resources
What to know about the current FAFSA launch
What to know about the current FAFSA launch explains what students can expect to encounter if they’re accessing the FAFSA early this year (2024) — as well as other process-related tips.
- Information about the FAFSA “soft-launch” and what students can expect
- Details about when colleges and postsecondary education providers will receive the FAFSA forms
- Vermont Grant application process notes
The FAFSA can already be a big hurdle in a student’s education journey. You can help by ensuring you’re up to date with these FAFSA changes, or by knowing where to point students for easy-to-understand information.